Can you help build stronger social connections with a vulnerable adult who is experiencing social isolation and loneliness like never before?
We need your help to enable others to overcome the negative effects of social isolation and loneliness. Just a regular phone call, video chat or visit will improve someone's interaction, confidence, health and wellbeing.
Volunteering with Crossroads is a very rewarding experience and brings about positive change for yourself and others. Your time can make a massive difference in someone's life - they will feel amazing and so will you! You can meet new friends, learn new skills and discover new talents, as well as boosting your education and employment prospects.
Can you help transform someone's life, simply by giving an hour or more of your time a week? If you're interested in the wellbeing of others and are warm, considerate, honest and reliable, we want to hear from you!
- Presentation: Organisation, Volunteer Role, Responsibilities, Boundaries, Endings
- E-learning: Adult Support & Protection
- Online Volunteer Videos: Boundaries, Making a Positive Impact, Building a Relationship, Communication Skills
- Reading: Good Practice Guide (What is Befriending? Values and Attitudes in Befriending. Communication Skills. The Matching Process. Building Befriending Relationships. Boundaries and Confidentiality. Support and Development. Roles and Responsibilities. Managing Endings. Befrienders as Community Connectors).
- Ongoing training opportunities: identified through Health Promotion Fife, Fife Council Learning Nexus
- Volunteer Support & Development: Formal/informal, individually or in group, by phone, video chat, email, text, face to face
Out of pocket expenses paid?
Yes - We pay public transport rates and reimburse volunteers every week. Also include mileage rates if applicable.
Volunteer out of pocket expenses paid monthly upon receipt of expenses claim. Car Mileage paid at 45p per mile, Public Transport (receipt require
Excellent communicator, good listener, respectful, positive, honest, caring, compassionate and non-judgemental.
Find out more about volunteering
View our introduction to volunteering page or contact us to find out more -
our experts love helping people of all ages and backgrounds to become volunteers.
Register your opportunity
If you are an Organisation that would like your opportunity to be shown on our website, promoted by us, and for our staff to be aware of it when matching potential volunteers, please submit an Opportunity Registration Form,
Help and Support
Call us to arrange an appointment
Give us a call on 0800 389 6046 to arrange an appointment to chat with our staff about what opportunities are available. Meetings can be arranged outside of the office in some cases.
Register with us
Fill out our registration form and a member of staff will then get in touch with you to discuss volunteering options to suit you.
If you volunteer or you're interested in volunteering then sign up for our free e-mail bulletin for volunteers - it only takes a few seconds. We send out bulletins roughly every two weeks and you can unsubscribe at any time.