Triage Volunteers are the first contact for clients seeking help for a variety of issues. They identify key information about the client's issues and assess and agree whether signposting or a call back is the best route to support the clients and deal with the issues.
Main Tasks include:
* Assess clients enquiries using sensitive listening and questioning skills
* Identify key information about the enquiry including time limits, key dates and any requirement for urgent advice or action, using scripts and diagnostic tools
* Identify and summarise the essence of the enquiry
* Establish the client's objectives
* Record cases - make an electronic record of the client's details, in accordance with CASTLE recording requirements and CARF's Quality Assurance Policy
* Keep up-to-date with advice and organisational updates by reading AdviserNet news items, relevant publications, internal email communication, intranet articles and online training
This is a great opportunity to meet new people and learn new skills. Volunteers will be provided with training and support. For a full list of tasks and to find out more please enquire with the Learning and Development officer.
No details were provided about the training made available to volunteers. Please contact us to find out more.
Out of pocket expenses paid?
Yes - We pay public transport rates and reimburse volunteers every month. Our mileage rate is 40p per mile for car users.
Able to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
Able to quickly sift through information and extract what is relevant
Be open and approachable
Open-minded and non-judgemental
Adhere to General Data Protection Regulations 2018
Flexibility and willingness to work as part of a team
Have competent and confident IT skills
Find out more about volunteering
View our introduction to volunteering page or contact us to find out more -
our experts love helping people of all ages and backgrounds to become volunteers.
Register your opportunity
If you are an Organisation that would like your opportunity to be shown on our website, promoted by us, and for our staff to be aware of it when matching potential volunteers, please submit an Opportunity Registration Form,
Help and Support
Call us to arrange an appointment
Give us a call on 0800 389 6046 to arrange an appointment to chat with our staff about what opportunities are available. Meetings can be arranged outside of the office in some cases.
Register with us
Fill out our registration form and a member of staff will then get in touch with you to discuss volunteering options to suit you.
If you volunteer or you're interested in volunteering then sign up for our free e-mail bulletin for volunteers - it only takes a few seconds. We send out bulletins roughly every two weeks and you can unsubscribe at any time.