supporting, developing and representing community groups, voluntary organisations, social enterprises and volunteering
Volunteering Opportunity: VO85745
Youth Group Unit Helper (Rainbows / Brownies / Guides) - CENTRAL with Girlguiding Fife.
Created/last updated: 20/04/2021
About this opportunity:
Being a Rainbow, Brownie or Guide is all about having the space to try new things through a programme of age-appropriate activities, trips and adventures • More information can be found at https://www • girlguidingscotland • org • uk/
The purpose of the role is to give girls opportunities for fun, friendship, challenge and adventure • As a unit helper you will support leaders to deliver Girlguiding programme activities with the girls during their meetings • Some tasks include:
- Supporting a safe girl-only space where girls can discover their full potential •
- Supporting the delivery of an accessible and inclusive programme as set out by Girlguiding •
- Completing relevant training for the role to develop your skills •
- Complying with Girlguiding policies and regulations •
You will receive all the support and training you need to undertake your role. Here are some of the things we offer:
An invitation to attend a welcome evening followed by an induction.
Visits to units so you can see what it’s like!
Ongoing support from other volunteers as well as the leaders in your unit.
As a volunteer you will also be a member of Girlguiding and will be able to access the many benefits that comes with this, including:
- Meeting new people and having fun.
- Developing your skills and confidence.
- Training opportunities and qualifications.
- A chance to be creative.
- Being part of your community and making a difference.
- A positive impact on your health and wellbeing.
Out of pocket expenses paid?
Yes - Expenses are paid in line with Girlguiding's expenses policy. Please note that expenses are covered by Girlguiding as well as the first year of membership. Personal financial circumstances are no barrier to joining Girlguiding!
You will be given all the training and support you need to carry out your role but here are some skills and qualities you will need for starters:
- Good communication skills.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Creative and enthusiastic.
- Committed to ongoing personal development.
- Fun-loving with a sense of humour.
- Enjoys working with young people
We are looking for unit helpers in the following areas: Glenrothes, Dunfermline, Cairneyhill, Carnock, Saline and Steelend. As restrictions ease, we will operate a blended model, with a mixture of indoor, outdoor and virtual guiding.
This opportunity is compatible with the Saltire Awards for volunteers aged 12-25.