supporting, developing and representing community groups,
voluntary organisations, social enterprises and volunteering
AGE Scotland – Age Awareness and the Workplace
When: 10.00am-12.00pm, Thursday 08 February 2018 Where: Volunteer House, 69-73 Crossgate, Cupar, KY15 5AS This event is being organised by Fife Voluntary Action This particular event is free to attend, so no payment is required.
It is too late to book a place for this particular session, sorry about that.
This course aims to assist employers in understanding the issues regarding how their workforce relates to older working colleagues.
Age is a protected characteristic under the Equalities Act 2010 and changes to retirement and state pension rules are likely to result in more people remaining in employment beyond 65. Employers need to develop working practices that manage and support an age-diverse workforce.
This course is intended to encourage employers to:
• Consider appropriate engagement and communication with older colleagues and clients
• Prepare managers and personnel staff for effective response should ageism become a “live” workplace issue
• Develop strategies for minimising risk associated with age diversity, including legal compliance
• Consider how to foster a positive working culture in which staff of all ages feel supported by both their employer and co-workers
All sessions include interactive learning and discussion.
Specific topics covered include:
• Changing demographics
• What is ageing?
• Cognitive changes with ageing
• Perspectives of ageing
• Reactive behaviours
• Successful ageing
• The importance of physical activity in the workplace
Who should attend?
This course is open to all voluntary sector employers.