supporting, developing and representing community groups,
voluntary organisations, social enterprises and volunteering
Scottish Government’s new Action Group on Homelessness
The Scottish Government is taking urgent action on homelessness.
Where homelessness has not been prevented, they want every single person affected to have an urgent response in Scotland that is:
• Local: the choice to have your own home as part of a local community so that we can all live, work and use services in ‘ordinary’ not homeless places.
• Tailored: support that is flexible, immediate and for as long as you need it. Respecting your ability to build your own life and making sure choice and control is in your hands.
• Realistic: helping you tackle the financial hardship that often causes homelessness is as important as providing other support you want.
They need advice and information from people who are homeless in Scotland – or have been homeless recently. There are ways to get involved right up to March 2018.
But it won’t stop there. The types of things they want to know are:
• Is there a service or person that was there for you? What really works?
• What are the biggest problems or barriers you face?
• Do you have ideas or solutions about fixing homelessness in Scotland?
Whatever you want to say – your voice will be heard. Your advice will help them make recommendations to Scottish Government Ministers. They will share the report with you and keep you up to date about the decisions made and actions taken. Your involvement will directly:
• Help them to fix homelessness in Scotland.
• Influence how the new Scottish Government budget for homelessness is spent.
• Help other people to avoid going through what you did.
To find out how you can get involved please click here.