supporting, developing and representing community groups,
voluntary organisations, social enterprises and volunteering
Fife Coast and Countryside Trust - Mobile Parking Operatives
Post: Mobile Parking Operatives
Hours: Part-time temporary post, with seasonal hours varying from 12-24. Due to the nature of the role, evening and weekend work will be required.
Salary: £19,672 – £22,018 (pro-rata)
Contract: Temporary post. There is potential for this role to become permanent depending on funding.
Location: Pitcairn Centre, Glenrothes but will involve travel between the Trust’s other bases/sites throughout Fife
Fife Coast and Countryside Trust (FCCT) is an independent charitable trust who work to promote, manage, and maintain Fife’s exceptional outdoor spaces. It is an organisation driven by a passion for Fife’s natural heritage and a commitment to promoting understanding and care for the natural environment. Due to expansion of our services, it has several opportunities for ‘Mobile Parking Operatives’ until March 2023.
Reporting to the Field Teams Manager, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to work alone and in a team environment with extreme attention to detail. This is an exciting time to join the charity with various opportunities for development.
The role is based at the Pitcairn Centre, Glenrothes but will involve travel between the Trust’s other bases/sites throughout Fife. It is therefore a direct requirement of the role that the applicant hold the skills and the capacity to be able to travel throughout Fife independently and should hold a clean, valid driving licence.
• Experience in dealing with the public in a customer focussed environment
• Experience of working within a car parking environment
• The ability to clearly understand information given in numbers, symbols, diagrams, and charts for different purposes expressed in graphic, numerical and written formats. E.g., Numeracy and literacy skills
• The ability to travel throughout Fife
• A basic understanding of the regulations and legislation relating to parking enforcement
• Full valid driving licence
• Excellent inter-personal and communication skills (English)
• Organisational, administrative skills and an attention to detail.
• Experience of undertaking first line maintenance or technical support.
• An optimistic disposition with a realistic but firmly positive outlook in the pursuit of challenging objectives.
• A genuine collaborative approach to problem solving and the ability to be creative and self-less in the pursuit of organisational objectives.
For more information/to apply, please FCCT's website. The closing date for 12:00 on Wednesday 17 August 2022.