supporting, developing and representing community groups,
voluntary organisations, social enterprises and volunteering
Lunchtime Learning - Jobcentre Plus Support for Customers with Complex Needs
Created: 17/06/2022, Updated: 23/06/2022
When: 12:00 1:00, Thursday 15 September 2022 Where: Teams Call - online, Anywhere with an internet connection and browser, Fife, N/A This event is being organised by Fife Voluntary Action This particular event is free to attend, so no payment is required.
FVA Lunchtime Learning sessions are aimed at raising the skills and capacities of local third sector providers interested in improving or enhancing their provision in Fife.
Participants at this session will gain insight into the systems and support available through the Department for Work and Pensions for customers with complex needs, as well as tips on how best to make use of them.
Elaine Gallagher - Advanced Customer Support Senior Leader, DWP and Tsascha Gibson - DWP Work Psychologist will tell us about:
• Defining ‘complex needs’
• What explicit consent means and how best to use it
• Proactive disclosure and when that can be helpful
• Top tips to resolve problems before they escalate
• When and how to use escalation contact points in Fife
• The different roles of Disability Employment Advisers, DWP Psychologists and Advanced Customer Support Officers