supporting, developing and representing community groups,
voluntary organisations, social enterprises and volunteering
Lunchtime Learning - How to engage effectively with local communities
Created: 22/02/2022, Updated: 06/05/2022
When: 12:00 1:00, Thursday 26 May 2022 Where: Teams Call - online, Anywhere with an internet connection and browser, Fife, N/A This event is being organised by Fife Voluntary Action This particular event is free to attend, so no payment is required.
FVA lunchtime learning sessions are aimed at raising the skills and capacities of local third sector providers interested in improving or enhancing their provision in Fife.
Helping a community to develop its potential works best when starting from a position of mutual understanding. Residents and community workers can share goals more effectively in an equal partnership, and this is not as simple as it seems. Positive engagement is vital in building a strategy to build community’s strengths and resilience.
At this session, Dave McGrath, FVA’s Capacity Building Officer will give participants insight into:
• Explore what Community Engagement is
• Explain the National Standards for Community Engagement
• How to engage without an implicit and inadvertent power relationship that could be disruptive
• How to nurture and foster relationships with local communities based on mutuality and respect
• Moving from “I do this for/to you” to “we are doing this together!”