supporting, developing and representing community groups,
voluntary organisations, social enterprises and volunteering
Raising Awareness of Scams and How to Avoid Them
Fife Council's Adult Support and Protection Team, in partnership with Trading Standards and NatWest Bank are now in a position to offer a virtual presentation tailored to your organisation on scams - to raise awareness and provide advice and guidance.
This presentation has been driven forward by the Financial Harm Working Group and stems from the ASPC Strategic improvement Plan 2021-23.
The session will include (and can be tailored to your needs):
• Some startling statistics relating to scams
• How scammers operate
• How to recognise a scam- by phone, email, text, letter or in person
• Information on some of the very latest scams
• How to deal with scammers and prevent unwanted contact
• A banking perspective
• Where you can get help and support if you believe you may have been scammed
• Time for questions
• Trading Standards will have an input in the talks and will normally do a little about doorstep sellers as that isn’t covered in the Nat West talk.
It is also possible to coordinate a session on scams tailored to youth groups from high school age and upwards.
To arrange a session tailored to the needs of your organisation, please contact Ruth Smith: [email protected]