Fife Voluntary Action - Supported Volunteering Development Officer - Re-advertisement
Created: 22/01/2019, Updated: 07/03/2019
Post: Supported Volunteering Development Officer
Hours: 35 per week
Salary: £24,000 per annum, plus 7% non-contributory pension
Location: Glenrothes, but post holder will be required to travel throughout Fife
Reporting to: Head of Volunteering Development
Main Purpose of Post
To support and empower young people (aged 16-24) and not currently in education, training or employment to volunteer. To promote volunteering as a positive destination for this demographic to 18 secondary schools and other relevant bodies throughout Fife. To work with volunteer involving organisations to develop opportunities for young people to volunteer. The post holder will work exclusively on the Opportunities for All programme funded through ESIF/Opportunities Fife.
1. To recruit and place young people with multiple barriers into voluntary opportunities, arranging appropriate support where necessary, as part of the Opportunities for All programme of activity;
2. To work with partner agencies e.g. Fife Council Keyworkers, Skills Development Scotland, APEX and Fife Council Supported Employment and other providers to actively promote and encourage volunteering as a positive destination to their clients through the delivery of workshops, presentations and 1 to 1 sessions;
3. To maintain clear and accurate records of work, and to input all necessary client information into both the MILO and FORT (CRMS) systems, developing case studies to illustrate success where appropriate;
4. To work collaboratively with public and third sector organisations to develop volunteering opportunities, with a specific focus on young people, ensuring that appropriate training resources and support mechanisms are in place in order for a sustainable and worthwhile opportunity to happen;
5. To promote and champion the benefits of volunteering to young people, through attendance at events, presentations to potential clients at schools, training providers and other stakeholders;
6. To continually monitor and evaluate effectiveness, gathering feedback from clients, partner agencies and other stakeholders to improve and enhance the service;
7. To promote Saltire Awards to young people;
8. To undertake any training related to the post as appropriate and in agreement with the Head of Volunteering Development.
This job description does not represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities and tasks but indicates the main responsibilities required from employees in the role. The organisation reserves the right to require employees to perform other duties from time to time.
The organisation also reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post-holder at any time according to the needs of the organisation’s business.
There is a requirement to work evenings and weekends as necessary in order to ensure appropriate fulfilment of duties.
For more information please click on the job description link below.