The trustees hold Home-Start in trust for current and future beneficiaries by:
• providing leadership and direction within the ethos of Home-Start
• ensuring the scheme has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction
• being responsible for the effective performance and management of the scheme
• ensuring the scheme complies with legal and regulatory requirements, the objects of the scheme, the governing documents including the Home-Start Standards and Methods of Practice, the Home-Start Agreement and quality standards
• securing and guarding the scheme’s assets and taking care of their security, deployment and proper application
• ensuring that the scheme’s governance is of the highest possible standard
• undertaking an ambassadorial role for the scheme
• appointing sub-committees and agreeing their terms of reference and membership.
Volunteer trustees can attend the Course of Preparation which runs for approximately 40 hours – usually one day per week for 8 weeks. There is also a Trustee Information pack available
People with management, committee, financial experience. People with knowledge of the voluntary sector. Anyone interested in assisting us in achieving our aims.
Restrictions on who can volunteer
No restrictions were specified.
Application Form; References
Committee meetings take place at Home-Start East Fife offices in St Andrews approximately every six weeks; travel to and from committee meetings can be reimbursed.
Director, Trustee, Board/Committee member or Governor?!
Organisations have different names for the volunteers who are responsible for the running of the organisation - some are called Board members, some are Committee members, some may use the word Director for example. Broadly speaking, they mean the same thing - the people at the top who are ultimately responsible! These are important roles (for which training and support is available) and without volunteers at board level voluntary sector organisations could not exist.
Help and Support
Call us to arrange an appointment
Give us a call on 0800 389 6046 to arrange an appointment to chat with our staff about what opportunities are available - at Board/Committee level as well as operational opportunities. Meetings can be arranged outside of the office in some cases.
Register with us
Fill out our registration form and a member of staff will then get in touch with you to discuss volunteering options to suit you.
Are you currently a Board member?
If you'd like advice, information or training for you and/or fellow board members then please contact us - almost all of our board support is provided at no cost! Get in touch using the details above - we're here to help and bring significant expertise as well as experience of supporting hundreds of board members and boards over recent years.
If you volunteer or you're interested in volunteering then sign up for our free e-mail bulletin for volunteers - it only takes a few seconds. We send out bulletins roughly every two weeks and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Are you looking for Board members?
Organisations looking for board members can complete this registration form (Word document), e-mail it to us and we'll put the opportunity on this page and our list of all volunteering opportunities in Fife. Please remember, as well as promoting your Board vacancy on our website to the public, our Volunteering Development team will be able to promote it to some of the 1,000+ people they speak to every year about volunteering. Don't delay, complete the form today!